You are hereSummer Redux: Where the Heck did it Go?
Summer Redux: Where the Heck did it Go?
Wow, it's been a while since I posted. And for a couple days there I was on a roll, oh well.
In the spirit of Dana's post about what they've been up to over the summer, here is mine.
- Wedding planning: I'm going to begin and end with this one, because well, this summer it's been pretty much ever present. Meg has certainly done most of the work, I've done what I can - albeit mostly slowly. Things are coming together, with less than a week left until the big day.
- Long weekend in the County - Meg and I spent the July long weekend in Belleville and Prince Edward County. We had a great time visiting with my family and touring wineries again. We visited the Granges of Prince Edward Vineyard, Rosehall run and Norman Hardie which we hadn't been to before. We had a nice dinner out at the Bloomfield Carriage House and then took in a couple of movies at the Mustang Drive-In
- Ultimate - Meg and I played two times a week and had another set of great seasons.
- Cycling - I biked to work a bunch of times, tried to do so once a week, but took the bus on some rainy days. Meg and I also did some training for our upcoming Honeymoon in Cuba which will be a week cycling around Havana and then a week at a resort in Varadero.
- Fence Building - We built a fence across the back yard, with the help of Meg's dad Chris. He drew up scale plans, ordered all the lumber and helped us do all the building. Now our over sized postage stamp backyard is fenced in all three sides so that we can leave the hammock stand out.
- Dragon Boating - I took part on a dragon boat team for the first time this year. It was really the only paddling I've gotten in this season. I'm not sure I'd do it again - a lot of training, some that interfered with Ultimate and fence building, and kind of sporadic racing on the festival day.
- BluesFest - Good ol'ActiveSteve hooked me up with some tickets for Bluesfest and so I took in some bands while it was in town.
- Bachelor Partys - I attended Matt's bachelor party as well as my own last weekend. Both weekends were a blast and involved probably too much drinking, but no visible wounds were acquired, so it's all good.
- Cottage Weekend - Tina Traini rented a cottage near the beginning of the year and Meg and I joined her and some other folks for a rainy yet great weekend.
- Wedding Shower - Meg's family threw a wedding shower for us in Toronto.
- Wedding - Less than a week away, and all the major planning done the wedding is upcoming and I can't wait!